Saffron Day is an initiative of Shrimad Rajchandra Mission, Dharampur (SRMD), Australia.
SRMD Australia; is part of Shrimad Rajchandra Mission Dharampur, headquartered in India. It is named after 20th century scholar & poet, Shrimad Rajchandraji; who Mahatma Gandhi considered as spiritual mentor. The organisation is founded by Pujya Gurudevshri Rakeshbhai.
- Fortnightly gathering of seekers attending spiritual discourses by our current Guru; with simultaneous value-based education for children between three & fifteen years.
- Official Community Partner with Organ & Tissue Authority promoting the noble message of organ donation spreading its awareness by various community-based activities throughout the year.
- SRMD Australia celebrated inaugural “Saffron Day” in 2018; promoting Organ Donation.
- Community partner with Australian Red Cross, where our volunteers regularly conduct blood donation drive.
- SRMD Australia has participated in Food for Homeless Drive in 2018; feeding close to 150 people at Martin place, Sydney.
- In partnership with Consulate General of India, organized TREES FOR PEACE, a plantation drive honouring Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th Birth Aniversary at Harpers Bush Reserve on June 1, 2019.
- Organised UNITE WITH YOGA on 22nd June, 2019; celebrating 5tgh INternation Day of Yoga at Bradfield Park, Milsons Point.
- Celebrating the 150th Birth Anniversary of Shrimad Rajchandra, SRMD produced a play titled, YUGPURUSH. It is a heart-touching portrayal of special bond between Shrimad Rajchandra and Gandhi; catapulting ‘Mohandas’ to “Mahatma’. What began as friendship, progressed to Gandhiji’s proclamation of Shrimad as his spiritual mentor. The play has been a universal triumph, with 1062 performances in one year, presented in 7 languages, winning various awards and hearts of over 675,000 viewers in 312 cities around the world.SRMD Australia announced 11 shows of Yugpurush in ANZ-Pacific with one show each in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth, Auckland, Suva, Lautoka and three shows in Sydney.